fcntl F_SETLKW64 failing on Solaris

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 15:17:03 GMT 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> This email triggered me to look closely at the claim_connection code
> in smbd. NB. All the traversals on startup in the locking and share
> mode db's have been removed in the latest CVS code.
>
> [...]
> This may have been the last missing piece in the Solaris puzzle....
>
> DaveCB & all, can you please checkout this change and kick the c*$p
> out of it in stress testing on big Solaris servers .... :-) :-).

Thanks, Jeremy.  Just to check ... presumably you wish us to:
   cvs ... co -r SAMBA_2_2 samba

and build that (not HEAD?).  Is this what will become 2.2.3 ?

Do you have rough timescales for release of 2.2.3 and of 3.0.0 ?

Anyway, I have grabbed it, and am leaving it to build overnight.

But the problem about such testing is that the only real method is with
real users... and some of them know where I live!

But if you are happy that this cvs code is "almost production" quality
then I can try it on a couple of smaller servers, one of which
occasionally suffers from load-induced problems.  Is there anything in
particular we should be looking out for in log files?