latest 2.2 cvs does not compile

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Tue Jan 15 10:13:53 GMT 2002

andreas moroder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in the latest 2.2 cvs i get a error while compiling winbindd_wins.c  .
> strncat is used, but a macro defines it as illegal.
>
> Bye
>
> Andreas

Where is this macro that defines strncat as illegal? I did a build
before checking in the change and had no problems. strncat is used
in several other places in samba so I assumed it would be OK.

auth/pass_check.c:              strncat(result, p1 + 2,
nsswitch/wb_common.c:   strncat(path, "/", sizeof(path) - 1);
nsswitch/wb_common.c:   strncat(path, WINBINDD_SOCKET_NAME, sizeof(path)
- 1);
passdb/pass_check.c:            strncat(result, p1 + 2,
smbd/quotas.c:  host = strncat(cutstr,mnttype, sizeof(char) * len );

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177