(Lack Of) Resilience Of WINS Registration

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Mon Jan 14 18:33:21 GMT 2002

Martin.Sheppard at csiro.au wrote:

> [...]

This is a old samba bug thats been known about for a *long* time.  I
think sombody finally fixed it in recent 2.2.  Basically, Samba doens't
re-register, it assumes that the WINS server is stable and doesn't loose
entries.  On a similar issue, Samba's wins server now keeps its entries
across a restart.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net