ACL vs. ACE

Nigel Williams nigel at veritas.com
Mon Jan 14 16:35:07 GMT 2002

I made the first point myself in my first reply.  That is why I want to add
the functionality to smbcacls.  Unfortunately I previously used the term ACL
when I meant ACE.  I have experience of ACLs since VMS days and have written
many programs for manipulating ACLs so I do know the distinction even if it
is not apparent in emails.  As you say smbcacls use of ACL at the head of
each ACE to indicate that the ACE is part of the ACL was probably the cause.
Either that or premature senility :-)

Thanks again for your input.

nigel