command line share management tool

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat Jan 12 19:02:03 GMT 2002

Nigel Williams wrote:

> I have recently written the additional code required to allow command line
> share management. i.e. enum/add/delete/modify share entries including
> permissioning.  I'd like some feedback on what form a share management tool
> should take.  Are people happy to use a combination of rpcclient and
> smbcacls for this or should a separate share management tool be written.
> How much interest would there be in such a tool?

This (quite interesitng IMHO) functionality should be added to the new
'net' command in HEAD.  This is where we are gathering all our client
'utility' code in a hope that it will be easier to maintian than 50 *
smb___ tools. :-).

If you need any help intergrating into the new structure (your commands
will probably end up under 'net rpc' - source/utils/net_rpc.c) just give
me a yell!

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net