SAMBA CORE DUMPING?

gouldantony at netscape.net gouldantony at netscape.net
Fri Jan 11 01:24:05 GMT 2002

The SAMBA server (version 2.0.7) is being hosted from AIX (version 4.3.3.0.08), and has been set up to serve an NT domain community.

SAMBA is frequently suffering sizable core dumps at the very time an NT SMS server attempts to affect SMS operations on it (syslog confirms this!).

I've already tried to get our NT people exclude this AIX system from daily SMS access, but to no avail.

IS THERE A FIX/PATCH FOR THIS TYPE OF THING, AND/OR IS THERE SOME WAY I CAN CONFIGURE SAMBA OR AIX TO PREVENT THIS TYPE OF ACCESS.

Your input on this would be gratefully received.

Regards.

Antony Gould