Samba Login issues..

Makis Marmaridis Makis.Marmaridis at learnnow.com.au
Thu Jan 10 23:02:01 GMT 2002

Try setting

"encrypt passwords = yes"

in your smb.conf file.

HTH,
Makis.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasad, Sreenivasa [mailto:sreenivasa.prasad at digital.com]
Sent: Friday, 11 January 2002 5:37 PM
To: 'samba-technical at samba.org'
Subject: Samba Login issues..

Hi All,

I have installed samba on my Linux machine. When I try connecting from my NT
client, the following error is coming up.

\\server not accessible.
The account is not authorized to login from this station.

How to over come this?

Advanced thanks,

Sreenivasa Prasad V.

IMPORTANT - This e-mail message (and attachments) may contain information
that is confidential to The Angus Knight Group. If you are not the intended
recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments. In
such a case, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and erase
all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the
official business of The Angus Knight Group are neither given nor endorsed
by it.

The Angus Knight Group has implemented anti-virus software, and whilst all
care is taken, it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure that any
attachments are scanned for viruses prior to use.