samba netbios / namedpipes domination: a comparison with linux having a proprietary web server built-in

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Wed Jan 9 21:23:09 GMT 2002

Vance Lankhaar wrote:

>>now, unfortunately, jeremy and andrew are failing to provide
>>suitable leadership and a suitable development environment,
>>and have - and are - actively _dis_couraging people - not just
>>myself - from being able to participate in samba development.
>>

>Okay, so I'm just a kid who reads the list and submits a few small patches
>every once in a while. But, I'm a really curious kid. You say that jra and
>tridge are actively discouraging people from participating int he development
>of samba. I disagree. I whole-heartedly disagree.
>
>So, just out of curiousity, who feels that they are one of the people who are
>being allegedly being discouraged against participating in samba?
>
>1. Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
>
>And, just so that we can relate that number to something real, who feels that
>tridge and jra are encouraging participation in samba development.
>
>I'll start the list off:
>
>1.  Vance Lankhaar

Well, I think that Tridge and Jeremy have always encouraged participation.

However, it take a lot of time to get familiar enough with the code to
be able to do much. You almost need a full-time job working on Samba :-)

--
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe at ns.aus.com, LPIC-1
www.samba.org, www.ethereal.com, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba