[offtopic] black helicopters (???)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Wed Jan 9 17:17:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 02:53:47PM -0500, David Brodbeck wrote:
> >additionally, there are factors that you are unaware of that
> >relate to US government agency manipulation, which have had
> >a seriously detrimental influence in my involvement with samba.
>
> (Look out, it's the black helicopters!)

  if you're worried about the black helicopters,
 look in shop windows, car mirrors, swing a glass door out
 into the shop or into the street, and look up or backwards.

 ... then again, you _could_ just stop doing whatever it
 was that brought you to the attention of the people _in_
 the black helicopters.

 and for the record, the black helicopters are _not_
 what you need to concern yourself with the most: there's
 far more scary shit [if you're someone that has something
 to hide and be scared _about_!] out there than black
 helicopters!

 dang :)

> >- the linux _kernel_ provided an implementation of a web server,
> >dominating port 80, making it completely pointless for anyone
> >to even think about _writing_ their own web server
>
> There *is* a kernel implementation of a web server.  It hasn't had the
> effect you suggest it would.

i doubt that it would [it was a hypothetical scenario] because:
it's probably disabled by default and you probably have to download
and install it yourself, instead of being installed by every single
linux vendor and enabled by default.

> I find it kind of odd to describe anything that's both open-source *and*
> based on a documented protocol as "proprietary".  But I know I'm not on the
> list of people you want to see posting to this thread, regardless.

all opinions appreciated here.

lkcl.