CVS update: tng/source/passdb

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Wed Jan 9 17:10:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 12:08:38PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 03:25:25PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ...long rant deleted....
>
> Luke,
>
> 	You don't like me. You don't like Andrew.

neither of these statements is true.

i absolutely _hate_ what you _did_, and after enough occurrences
of things that i hated to have happen to me, i began to lose
the respect and awe that i held for andrew, and got extremely
frustrated with you.

however, that respect can be restored - by actions and words.

and you know that i am just as liberal in my praise as i am
in my scathing comments.

it's just that these issues i have found to be too personal
to me and too numerous over too long a period of time for it
to be apparent that i _can_ say "well done".

and that's a real great loss.

it's going to take a _long_ time to recover a lot of people's
respect, because there is a whole load of people who've never
even _seen_ messages from me when things were going well.

ah well.

> Fine.

> Neither of us is stopping you from taking whatever
> code you want under the GPL and doing what you like
> with it.

 what use would that be?  it would not achieve my
 goals.  therefore i do not waste my time.

 instead, i hammer at you, who has positioned
 yourself as the sole link in the chain i have
 identified by which those goals may be most
 effectively achieved.

> If you want to turn Samba into an implementation of DCE/RPC

no i don't, and further messages i've written today explain
why.

hope you find the time to read and understand them.

if you're short of time, search for "Named Pipes" and
skim-read anything associated with that phrase.

all best,

luke.