configure.in patch for krb support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Wed Jan 9 16:40:29 GMT 2002

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> While I have someone's ear, here are patches we've been using on the FreeBSD
> ports system since 2.0.x
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.

Firstly, considering the size of these patches (small), getting them
inline would have made it easier to comment on them.  Anyway:

>                    Name: patch-ba.dat
>    patch-ba.dat    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                Encoding: x-uuencode

(configure.in)

Not sure on this one.  Firstly, you shouldn't compile samba --with-ssl
in any case, there is *no* point (no windows client will connect with
ssl).  As to changing the crypto libs, I'm not sure what is being
attempted.

>                    Name: patch-ae.dat
>    patch-ae.dat    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                Encoding: x-uuencode

(convert_smbpasswd)

I assume you don't have nawk on your system.  Hmm, neither do I...  I
might fix this one.  (I don't think that script has had much 'care and
feeding' since its introduction in Samba 2.0...)

>                    Name: patch-aj.dat
>    patch-aj.dat    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                Encoding: x-uuencode

(local.h)

This is exactly the kind of patch that we hoped FreeBSD and the like
would make.  local.h was created for this kind of local change.
(Assuming it works :-).

Finally, you are missing one patch however:  You need to change the
version number to add some FreeBSD identifier.  We had a nasty thing
where the debian people 'fixed' a bug, and we didn't notice till our
users complained that the fix was rather broken.  The user's didn't even
know they were running a modified package.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net