configure.in patch for krb support

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Wed Jan 9 16:02:03 GMT 2002

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> > > In 3.0 I noticed that users reported build breakages in krb, but they
> > > didn't use krb.  This patch was sent to me my petef at freebsd.org,
> > > would someone review it and possibly commit if its applicable?
> >
> > While kerberos used to be an ugly little bit tacked on the side of
> > Samba, it now is used for AD functionality.  As such we want to use it
> > as much as possible.
> >
> > If there are problems with kerberos on a particular system, they should
> > be fixed by making the configure test work properly :-).
> >

> It currently is broken on FreeBSD, what information would be helpful in
> debugging the problem and finding out whether its samba to blame or FreeBSD?

Can you give me some more details?

What fails?  The configure?  the compile?  the link?

What error messages?

The annoying bit is that all the FreeBSD boxes in the build farm
(build.samba.org) seem to work - as this is the normal way we diagnose
this stuff...

(new machines for the build farm always appriciated).

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net