CVS update: tng/source/passdb

Elrond elrond at samba-tng.org
Wed Jan 9 09:07:07 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 03:51:57PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
[...]
>  then, there was at least _one_ person reviewing everything i did.
>  for a while, that was anders blomdell.  then there was elrond: he
>  did a _fantastic_ job.

Thanks. :-)

>  i didn't actually realise this for a while
>  but he reviewed _every_ single line of code i committed, with
>  cvs diff, for close on to 18 months.
[...]

Just for the records:

I didn't use cvs diff. I rarely do. It's too slow.

While doing this on Luke's commits, I did something
different:

  rsync -a -v samba/. samba.old/.
  (cd samba; cvs -z3 update)
  diff -Ndwurp samba.old samba | less

I did that on a daily basis at that time, and I did it a
while before even contacting Luke. It was a means to find a
"stable" version to update my pdc to. ;) (I really had a
lot more time at that time.)
So 18months might be correct... I don't know.

In TNG I'm doing nearly the same, except I'm doing it
directly on the CVS repository. (I have a complete TNG
repository on my box at home, synced to the master copy)