missing manpages in HEAD

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Tue Jan 8 09:36:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) wrote:
>
> > Hi Jerry,
> > If you point me to a particular command that doesn't have
> > a man page, I'll get to work on it after hours.  As you
> > say, a little bit at at time - I can commit to that!
>
> Why don't you take a look ar smbgroupedit.  See JF's
> GROUP-MAPPING-HOWTO.txt in docs/textdocs/.  You'll have
> to poke around in the code some to find all of the options
> supported.  I'll go ahead and check in a placeholder SGML
> source file.

I've planned to rewrite
smbgroupedit/pdbedit/smbcontrol/smbpasswd/smbstatus in a single utility
called sambactl. The functionnality will be the same just the option will
change. That's motivated by several reasons a) we have too many small
utilities, b)they tend to break during dev cycle, c)to have a utility
matching the net utility syntax but for local processing (and only for
that).

It doesn't prevent from writing docos ;-) They will get merged in a single
file one day.

	J.F.