CVS update: tng/source/passdb

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Mon Jan 7 14:19:02 GMT 2002

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>  [andrew b., this isn't sent you you, btw]

> > > At least not with the current available tools in this
> > > area...
> >
> > For the record, the line I keep hearing is that if somebody comes up
> > with a *viable* way to add the required plugablility to HEAD (some kind
>
>  i've already described such a viable method.  unfortunately
>  the people you work with are too arrogant and too stupid to
>  accept anything that comes from me, and too short-sighted
>  and cock-sure of their own technical superiority
>  to accept any solution that is not "perfect".

I've never seen the patch myself - and I would be most interested to see
the core changes required (and just looking at what TNG does isn't
sufficient here, there is too much different).

> > of loadable module support) then it might be possible to work closer on
> > the RPC server end of things.
>
>  loadable module support is _not_ the way to do it.
>
>  "controlled" from HEAD is not the way to do it.
>
>  no sane dce/rpc programmer wants their namespace polluted
>  by samba function namespace [there are technical ways to
>  deal with this, if you can be bothered].

So, why can't such a loadable module then call your named-pipe interface
(which is what I'm assuming this is all about)?

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net