bHostnameLookups is False by default

William E Hooper ehooper at princesscruises.com
Thu Jan 3 10:07:08 GMT 2002

In the Samba 3.0 alpha code (alpha 12 to be exact) the option to do
hostname lookups (Globals.bHostnameLookups in param/loadparam.c) is False.
Because the Windows clients on my system will have their IP address
determined by DHCP, and there is no guarantee that they will have the same
IP address next month.  I want to add a global parameter 'hostname lookups'
that will default to false but I don't know how to do this.  Which file do
I start looking in.

Or does this option already exist?  I couldn't find it in man page
smb.conf.5.

Edward Hooper
Princess Cruises