client sent 0/0 lock - please report this

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Feb 28 13:25:02 GMT 2002

"Milewski, Evan" wrote:

> I got the below error message (this is log level 3 output of the error,
> "client sent 0/0 lock - please report this").  This is running on samba
> 2.2.3a on a Solaris 5.8 Ultra-Enterprise machine.  This is a new application
> that is doing this that they just installed...no other app is having a
> problem that I know of.  The actual error is near the end of the log
> excerpt.

Can you give use some details.  In particular, what client OS, and what
software.

We found out about 0/0 locking at the last CIFS conference, but
concluded that MS clients couldn't generate them.  Now that we have been
shown otherwise.... ;-)

Locking is aways an interesting game, hence why I stick to
authenticaion.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net