Support for UTF-8

Luis Bermejo xberml at softlab.de
Thu Feb 28 02:53:09 GMT 2002

Hello everybody

This is my first post here. We have developed a program that is based on
samba and we would like to offer support for unicode. There is no
problem with that as samba offers support for Unicode but we would like
to use the codepage utf-8 and samba doesn't support it. Currently we are
using samba 2.0.7

Is it planned to include this code page in the future?. How can we add
this code page to samba?. I think this is not exactly unicode as certain
characters are three bytes long in utf8.

Thank you in advance.

Luis