vfs-module lincense

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Feb 27 10:42:11 GMT 2002

It seems to me that the copyright holders of Samba would have to make an
exception for any libraries dynamically linked via the "vfs object" tag.
There is a description of such an exception here:
	http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WritingFSWithNFLibs

Otherwise, the external VFS interface cannot make use of non-GPL code. I
think that's a severe limitation of the file systems Samba can use. I also
think it completely obviates the need for an external interface. I thought
the whole point of it being external is to allow non-GPL code to be used.