possible bug, smbsh on Solaris8?

Ralph Haugerud rah at skagit.geophys.washington.edu
Tue Feb 26 10:54:08 GMT 2002

I just installed samba-2.2.2 on a Sun Ultra60, Solaris 8, configured
--with-smbwrappers.  Configure, make, and make install ran with no
apparent problems.

On invoking smbsh, I get

skagit# cd /usr/local/samba
skagit# bin/smbsh
Username: rah
Password:
ld.so.1: smbsh: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/samba/bin/smbwrapper.so: symbol charset_initialize: referenced
symbol not found
Killed
skagit#

Is this a bug, or (more likely) have I probably made a mistake
somewhere?  Any advice would be appreciated, and I'd be glad to provide
more information if it would be helpful.

thanks,

Ralph Haugerud
Geologist, U.S. Geological Survey
USGS at University of Washington
Dept. Earth and Space Sciences, Box 351310
Seattle, WA 98195
   rah at geophys.washington.edu
        public-domain high-resolution
        topography for western Washington: