Problems with large trusted domains?

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Feb 22 06:37:07 GMT 2002

"Thomas, Daniel J." wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got Winbind running (or so I think) on my Solaris 8 server using Samba
> 2.2.3a.  Whenever I do a long directory listing on a directory that contains
> a file placed via the samba share by an NT user on the trusted domain, the
> SUN box just hangs there.  It acts like it is searching the database, but
> after three or four minutes I just CRTL + C it.  Do you think this is
> winbind not working correctly, or is it because it is polling a trusted
> domain with anywhere between 1000 and 3000 user accounts?  My Samba box is a
> domain member of an NT 4 domain (departmental domain) which has a two way
> trust relationship with a second NT domain for the company.

	On solaris, you can say "snoop -P between thismachine
	thatmachine" and see if data is flowing.

	Similarly, you can use truss -f -p pid-of-program
	and see if the program is waiting or reading
	stuff.

	Neither is distructive
--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com