RPC framework

Bolke de Bruin bolke at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 22 02:41:16 GMT 2002

Hi,

currently I am working on documenting the protocol used by MS-Exchange
and its clients (ie. Outlook). It mainly uses MS-RPC calls and LDAP.

The goal of this documentation is to be able to code an exchange
replacement on *nix, much the way samba does for fileserving now.

What I would like to see is to be able to register small programs
to a RPC-server, so samba and the exchange replacement could run
together on the same machine. It would also allow for easy
extensibility for "new" RPC calls throughout samba.

What I would like to know if the current developers/contributors
to the samba codebase would be interested in incorporating something
like this, because when a project like the exchange replacement
would really take of I see us sharing a lot of code and to copy
it would be a waste of effort and experience imho.

B. de Bruin