CRLF / LF conversion, all over again

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Feb 21 02:47:02 GMT 2002

Timothee Besset wrote:

> I'm new to the list, so please bear with me ..

> Ok, so hopefully you can tell me wether this is an important issue for
> Samba, wether it is being worked on, how hard it would be to do etc.

OK, think about file length.  What file size to report?  Before we do
the translation or after?  What about a partial read?  I want 5k at the
end of a 600Mb file - I now have to 'convert' that file to figure out
where that 5k actaully is.

This is before we even start on the various other issues that make this
a non-starter.  If you really want to do this, write a VFS module.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net