Status of NetApp joining Samba PDC

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Feb 20 15:23:05 GMT 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 05:59:15PM -0500, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:

> > Has someone else managed to do this? If so, can you please send me a short
> > guide on how to do it?
>
> I tried a number of times to make this work with approximately the same
> release of the NetApp OS.  I never did make it work.
>
> I had some conversations with Samba team members and someone from NetApp
> and sent some detailed logs of the domain join attempt, but never got any
> resolution to the problem and then it became a non-issue so I stopped
> pursuing it.

I fixed a domain join bug with Netapps at the CIFS conference in
August last year.  It should have been merged into one of the 2.2
branches.

Lars-Gunnar, you mention using 2.2.2a - perhaps you mean 2.2.0a?  This
version was released on the 23rd of June so should not contain the fix.
Can you try the smbpasswd program from 2.2.3a?  Although 2.2.3a in general
has a few serious bugs, just running the smbpasswd program should be
enough to verify whether the bug still exists.

Regards,

Tim.