ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol socket: referenced symbol not found

David Edward Shapiro David.Edward.Shapiro at btitele.com
Wed Feb 20 07:08:19 GMT 2002

When we run ls -la now after installing samba 3.0 with winbind support, we
get the following error:

ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
socket: referenced symbol not found

Originally winbind was not working, but I changed the following in the
Makefile:

WINBIND_NSS_OBJ = nsswitch/winbind_nss.o nsswitch/wb_common.o
reads:

WINBIND_NSS_OBJ = nsswitch/winbind_nss.o nsswitch/wb_common.o
nsswitch/winbind_nss_solaris.o

Now, I can't see the Domain Users group and I get the ld.so.1 error when I
do ls -la.

ls -a does not give the error, nor does ls.

David

David E. Shapiro
Senior Unix Admin
BTi - the future of communications