[patch] check for dangerous substitutions

Ihar Viarheichyk i.viarheichyk at sam-solutions.net
Wed Feb 20 01:44:04 GMT 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:13:37AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Ihar Viarheichyk wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > This is a patch for HEAD which moves checks for dangerous characters
> > (alpha_strcpy) to substitution code. This allow use non-ascii user and
> > domain names for authentication.
>
> The problem is that now, instead of being called once per login, the
> alpha_strcpy code is called for every smb.conf reload, and every
> (string) lp_ function call.

Not exactly. Now alpha_strcpy is called only if given substitution required.
E.g. in case when no dangerous substitution patterns given in smb.conf,
alpha_strcpy is _never_ called (currently it is called on _every_
login).

Besides that I don't think this is a big problem as alpha_strcpy is
quite fast function.

--
Igor Vergeichik
ICQ 47298730