WIN2K joining Samba PDC

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Mon Feb 18 14:18:02 GMT 2002

I am not sure if this is a setting in the win2k client or the PDC, but are
you running it in Native or Mixed mode? The Native mode uses Kerberos only.
If your Samba server doesn't have Kerberos enabled, then that might explain
this. Mixed mode would allow the client to fall back to NTLM authentication,
which should work with Samba if Kerberos is not available.