any suggestion on winbind separator?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Feb 18 09:14:10 GMT 2002

"+" is nice because shells don't interpret it as a special character.  "\"
has the advantage of looking like how Windows displays domain names, and if
you need to parse usenames and feed them to smbclient or a similar program
they will work unaltered.  Smbclient is ignorant of the seperator setting
and won't understand anything but "\" or "/" as far as I know.

So really, it's a matter of taste.  I use "+", personally.