NT printer support in Samba 2.2.3a?

Claus Svarer csvarer at nru.dk
Mon Feb 18 01:47:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I do have a big problem setting up printers in Samba 2.2.3a. When
upgrading from 2.2.2 the ntprinters.tdb and ntdrivers.tdb was unuseable
(generated errors in log.smbd). Therefor I had to delete these files.
Trying to regenerate them in the new version in the same way as for
version 2.2.2 seems to cause some problems. I am using a Windows 2000
machine where I have logged in with an account with printer admin
priviliges and write priviliges to the "print$" share. Trying to
distribute the printer drivers to the samba server through the "sharing
-> Additional drivers -> Windows 2000" interface I though get an error
like: "Unable to install the Intel, Windows 2000 driver. Operation could
not be completed". Does anyone have a solution for this problem?