[Samba] Can't delete files with special characters

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl
Tue Feb 12 16:26:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Bolke de Bruin wrote:

> Actually I seem to have the same problem while reading
> files with special characters. Most notably Internet Explorer
> in its roaming profile (eg.: Application Data/Microsoft/Internet Explorer)
> is not able to read its own (written) data: prfXXXXXXXXXXXXX:$DATA.tmp

I know this problem and I promised (one polish user) to take care of it as
soon as I finish domain-trusts-alpha code :)
I suppose there's something strange with name mangling code, but it's not
for sure -- need to make a closer look.

> Did that setting solve your problem?

It may in some cases, but generally it should not be needed.

cheers,
|Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at diament.ists.pwr.wroc.pl>   |