patch for bitmap.c in HEAD

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Sat Feb 9 03:27:02 GMT 2002

Andreas Moroder wrote:

> Hello Andrew,
>
> all of them should be ok. I took unint16 because it is precisely defined on
> every system.
> Unsigned int can be different on different systems or is this wrong ?

But wasn't the issue that you just wanted it to always be unsigned?  I
think its safe to assume that 'unsigned int' has that property.

We should only use fixed size types where it matters - ie a RID is
always and must always be a uint32 - but general counter can just be an
int, and let the platform chose the best data type.

Does that make sense?

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net