winbindd_idmap.tdb recovery

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Feb 8 12:56:05 GMT 2002

Ok,
I know, I know - the problem is being able to map from a billion number
space (the number of potential rids that a win2k domain has to draw on) to
an arbitrarily small uid space.  GIVEN that the number of actual IN-USE rids
in the win2k space is not allowed to exceed the max number of uids in the
UID-SPACE.
I didn't say it would be easy....