utf8-mac patch

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at samba.org
Fri Feb 8 06:53:03 GMT 2002

The DJ wrote:
>> The patch you've seen is for **old** HEAD branch so it can not be
>> simply applied to the Samba 2.2.3.
>
>Mmm, then I'll wait for 3.0 I have better things to do with my time ;-)
>I think I heard that the changes in 3.0 will render this patch unnecessary?

The code page matter on HEAD depends on iconv(), but currently iconv()
does not support utf8-mac.

If we can use non English characters on Mac OS X, what we should do is
to told iconv() maintainer to support utf8-mac on iconv() or to stop to
use iconv() in HEAD.

# Japanese CAP and HEX encoding has same problems.

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/
JWNTUG - http://www.jwntug.or.jp/  Analog-JP - http://www.jp.analog.cx/