winbindd_idmap.tdb recovery

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Wed Feb 6 15:34:03 GMT 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 12:18:55AM +0100, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> > > IIRD, Peter Samuelson wrote some code a year ago to do that.
> >
> > I thought there were some byte ordering problems with it?
>
> dunno. tdbtool will export {name, data blob} tuple.
> yep, the export will be endian dependant. Is that a big problem ?

It's a serious gotcha.  I would prefer something that spat out a more
human readable format.

If you had a type attached to every tdb entry and a description of the
type (field list, field names) you could write a tdbtool that didn't
need to know anything about the semantics of the data, kind of like
the registry editor.

Tim.