Solaris 8 WINBIND NT Authentication?

Clive Elsum Clive.Elsum at CSIRO.AU
Wed Feb 6 13:08:20 GMT 2002

Hi,

In our scenario we have two domains for users.
I have succesfully installed SAMBA samba-3.0-alpha13 with winbind for LINUX
RH 7.2 and users are able to logon as DOMAIN1\\user DOMAIN2\\user without
problem. Everything works as it should, authenticating from the NT/W2k
databases.

The problem arises on the Solaris installation Solaris 8 samba-3.0-alpha14
with winbind. Note I have used samba-3.0-alpha14 as this gets me further than
samba-2.2.3. I can log in  authenticating against DOMAIN1 with DOMAIN1\\user,
however the following errors occur on login.

ld.so.1: /usr/sbin/quota: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol socket: referenced symbol not found
Killed
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.8       Generic February 2000
ld.so.1: whoami: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
socket: referenced symbol not found
Killed

The same errors occur when doing a su - DOMAIN\\user command.

Also if a simple ls -al command occurs from a "normal login" window the error
occurs:

ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
socket: referenced symbol not found
Killed

The second error occurs when trying to login using the second DOMAIN
authentication. The process
returns a "Last login: Wed Feb  6 11:17:07 from" message and the hangs.
Output from winbindd shows the "hanging point"

The successful login output from winbindd
[12634]: getpwnam DOMAIN1\user
[12634]: getpwnam DOMAIN1\user
[12634]: getgrgid 10000
[12637]: getpwuid 10000

The unsuccessful login output from winbind where it hangs
[12646]: getpwnam DOMAIN2\user
[12646]: getpwnam DOMAIN2\user
[12646]: getgrgid 10001

I have used identical procedures for installation/configuration for
both the LINUX box and the SOLARIS 8 box. Works perfectly on LINUX
fails on SOLARIS.

The only suggestion I can make is that perhaps the winbind_nss_solaris.c
code is not quite correct as this appears to be the only extra code
compiled into libnss_winbind.so.

If anyone has had any success in getting further could you plaes forward the
details.

Thanks in advance

Clive