samba-nfs

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Feb 6 11:02:14 GMT 2002

Simo Sorce wrote:

> As far as I know (Jeremy correct me) solaris do not have kernel oploks, so NFS and Samba may have problems respecting each other locks, so do not access the same files in the smae moment frome the two ways
	Yes: in general you don't want to depend on
	oplocks on NFS/SMB sharing on Solaris: on
	SGI or Linux you're ok.

	In fact, we do share exactly the same data
	from my big server at work by both SMB and NFS,
	but there aren't many files that get shared:
	they're mostly people's home directories.

--dave
Performance & Engineering      | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering, |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com