winbindd_idmap.tdb recovery

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Feb 5 12:39:08 GMT 2002

Hi Michael-
I THINK I can cobble up a script using wbinfo to initially assign and record
uid's and
gids to all domain users and groups;  this would 'initialize' the
winbindd_idmap.tdb with
all the existing domain users and group to uid/gid mappings... But you'd
still have to take care of new users/groups when they were added....
Let me see what I can do.
Don