[Samba] 2.2.3 problems replacing files - more information

Martin Thomas mthomas at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Feb 5 12:24:05 GMT 2002

Jeremy,

CVS version works as expected - THANK YOU!
As Gene Cohler said: It's software, bugs happen.
Good to know that they get fixed that fast.

Hope you will have some time left to do Version 2.2.3a,
I think it is needed.

Since I've noticed the bug one day before release in the
CVS version and wrote a message to the technical
mailing list which was not recognized, I'd like to
know what is the right method to annouce such
issues (this mailing-list?, personal-e-mail
to Jeremy Allison or/and Gerald Carter or/and
Andrew Tridgell? someone else?, something else?).

One additonal question: is it necessary to
activate 'File- und Printer Sharing' on Windows 2000
clients to get the new printer-system working.
I had some strange log-entries with 2.2.2 after
applications crashes on the clients which I
described in:
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2002-January/034373.html
but did not get a response to this.
The log-messages and application crahes gone
away after activating F&P-Sharing on the
W2000SP2 clients again. Do the Spool RPCs
depend on the F&P-Sharing?
I'd like to disable again for security reasons.
I do not dare to deactivate now that 2.2.3 running
without a response from someone who knows
more about this than me, since some users
lost several hours of work the last time the
problem happened and their MS-Word crashed.

Again, thank you.

Martin

---
Martin THOMAS
University of Kaiserslautern, Institute of Environmental Engineering,
Kaiserslautern (ZIP 67663), Germany