Ship date for 2.2.3.

Michael Steffens michael_steffens at hp.com
Tue Feb 5 05:32:03 GMT 2002

Tim Potter wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 07:20:20PM +0100, Michael Steffens wrote:
>
> > However, even then the winbind shared objects will not be
> > installed correctly by "make install", as they need to be
> > renamed and moved to
> >
> >   /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.1
> >   /usr/lib/security/libpam_winbind.1
> >
> > But that's not too hard to be done manually, for the moment :-)
>
> I don't know how you pick the library version number - this may come
> down to the administrator (or package maker) determining the correct
> number by hand.  )-:

It seems like ".1" is presently the only choice (checked on HP-UX 11.00
and 11.11). Other numbers or ".sl" or ".so" don't work.

In any case, it's the code loading the library which decides which
name it looks for. If future HP-UX nsswitch versions would look for
different version numbers, this could also imply different calling
interfaces, such that the winbind interface could need to be revisited,
anyway.

Please don't take this as an announcement, as I don't know whether
such a change will happen. It's just the way I'm understanding
these version numbers.

Cheers!
Michael