2.2.3 release this weekend (waiting a few last minute doc changes).

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Sat Feb 2 11:14:05 GMT 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 02:25:12PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	The 2.2.3 release will happen this weekend, as I'm waiting a few
> (rather critical) doc changes to explain how to set up a samba-only pdc/bdc
> combination and the ldap howto.
>
> Sorry for the (slight) delay, but it *will* happen this weekend (US pacific
> time).
There is a problem in 2.2.3-pre from one week ago which expressed in fails
during exec of dos/win programs placed on Samba share when path to the
program contains spaces in it _and_ exec is performed on unmounted share
using WinXX (only) boxes, for example, with
\\host\share\path with space\foo.exe

I've recently got several logs of the sessions which show this problem and
if you want to fix this before release, I can send them. This is rather
strange but repeatable problem which wasn't in 2.2.2 and 2.0.x.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Software architect and analyst             // SaM-Solutions Ltd.