Fwd: Samba & Referrals

Stefan Metzmacher stefan.metzmacher at metzemix.de
Mon Dec 30 20:16:00 GMT 2002

At 20:52 30.12.2002 +0100, you wrote:

> > you need to know witch password is for witch server (if you know an
> > application that handles that on top of openldap please tell me)
> >
> > then you can extend the above patch if you want
> > (I didn't have the time for it now, sorry)
> > but please mail it to samba-technical at samba.org, if you have a solution
> >

>Ok, I will try to do something. Do you have any recommandation, advice for
>this task ?

in the case of this: (take a look at the HEAD code)
I should be easy...
#if defined(LDAP_API_FEATURE_X_OPENLDAP) && (LDAP_API_VERSION > 2000)
static int rebindproc_connect_with_state (LDAP *ldap_struct,
                                           LDAP_CONST char *url,
                                           ber_tag_t request,
                                           ber_int_t msgid, void *arg)

we have the LDAP-url to witch we're are going to bind to...

but in the other case I don't know :-(

maybe store thje secrets in secrets.tdb and look them up for the requested host

Stefan Metzmacher

stefan.metzmacher at metzemix.de