Can't get 'net' to access AD server.

James Willard james at whispering.org
Tue Dec 17 23:32:01 GMT 2002

I received the same message when initially trying to get ADS support
running and it turned out to be that Samba's configure script couldn't
automatically find my LDAP libraries, so I had to specify the location
manually. One way to check if it's finding the proper libraries is to
look in include/config.h and look for "HAVE_KRB5" and "HAVE_LDAP" both
should be #define'd. If they're not, then you'll have to either update
your LDAP or KRB5 packages or specify the location with a ./configure
option.

James Willard
james at whispering.org