ntfs issue

AndyChu andychu at cabletv.com.hk
Mon Dec 16 03:04:00 GMT 2002

Thx for reply. May be I have to tell the story in detail. I have about 80G's MPEG file in the hard disk with format of NTFS without any security setting.

Yesterday, I tried to mount the hard disk in redhat 8.0 (kernel Version 2.4.18-14) with download & install the suitable ntfs service pack(from linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net). I mount it on the /tmp/win directory. It success. I can see it at linux side. And then I launch the samba server and make the /tmp directoy be shared with name tmp. I checked by using smbclient utility indise the linux platform to connect the samba server. The MPEG files can be seen inside tmp/win without problem. After that, I use a win2000 workstation to connect that shared 'tmp' on samba server. Those file inside the tmp directory can be seen(that is the linux file) but the MPEG files inside directoy tmp/win cannot be shown. That's what I would like to say.

Thanks