samba 3.0 pre21:joining domain with windows 2000

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Dec 13 18:19:35 GMT 2002

Hi!

Ok, I still don't get this. I have tried a little more. If I log in as a
normal user, I can't join the domain (maybe because I have some unix password
sync options enabled). If I use the root account, I get an unix and a
smbpasswd account, but if I reboot the client and want to login on the
domain, I get an error about the machine account on the client, and no entry
in the server's logs at all.

So, is there anybody out there successfully using pre21 with windows 2000
clients, without ldap and joining the samba-controlled domain?

Thank you, CU, Lars.