samba 3.0 pre 21: group mapping and private groups?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Dec 12 18:32:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

I have samba 3.0 pre21 here, and a "private groups" installation, meaning
that every user has an own group named like the user's login (user ONEUSER
has primary group ONEUSER).

I have used smbgroupedit to map my unix group "users" to the power users
group (it's a shame, almost all windows applications require users having
power users' rights). But now, if I log into my samba-controlled domain,
log.smbd tells me that the user's primary group is not a NT-group.... and
that NT doesn't like this ;-)

So, how can I use the mapping with private groups? Or is this something to
ignore...?

Thank You, CU Lars.