smbwrapper/smbsh

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Thu Dec 12 14:17:06 GMT 2002

Steve Langasek <vorlon at netexpress.net> writes:

> I'll scare up some time to try out your patch, and see if I can figure
> out what's special about the calls that are failing.

It appears I've nearly got it solved (unless another big problem turns up
after I fix this one).  Aside from my initialization routine not be called
early enough, thus providing some null function pointers, the big problem is
that sizeof(struct stat) differs in smbwrapper and the calling application.
smbwrapper is zeroing the structure.  With the passed parameter being shorter
than the amount of zeroed memory, the stack is being blown away, so the
return() tries to return to address 0x0.  Kaboom.

I hope to get this worked out this week or early next week, so don't waste
your time on it right away.  Expect to hear something from me soon.

Derrell