smbwrapper/smbsh is now working for Linux 2.4

Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com Derrell.Lipman at UnwiredUniverse.com
Tue Dec 10 23:11:02 GMT 2002

Steve Langasek <vorlon at netexpress.net> writes:

> I suspect the key change in the Debian build is enabling of LFS support;

Could be, but I have reimplemented each of the LFS functions that were in
there originally in a manner that they should work with the current C library.
I have discovered missing ones since posting my patches (e.g. readdir64_r()...
actually readdir_r() was missing as well).  I suspect there are numerous
filesystem functions which should be wrapped but aren't.

> I'll scare up some time to try out your patch, and see if I can figure
> out what's special about the calls that are failing.

Ok, let me know when you're starting and I'll give you a dump of any changes
I've made since today's set of patches.

Derrell