Samba connecting to NT PDC

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Dec 10 17:43:11 GMT 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 kevin.clarke at lister-petter.co.uk wrote:

Kevin,

1) You did create a machine account (for an NT Workstation or Server)
using the Server Manager on the NT4 Domain?

	Joining the domain will NOT work unless you do.

2) Try:
	smbpasswd -j lister -r cat -Uadministrator
and when prompted type in the domain administrator password.

3) Make sure that the "wins server = 172.16.10.70" points to a machine
other than your samba server. ie: I guess this is your one of your NT
domain controllers?

4) Last point: Make sure that samba is NOT running when you try to join
the domain, you can safely start it AFTER it has joined the domain.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org