NetBEUI as main protocol

Jason Hihn jhihn at paytimepayroll.com
Tue Dec 10 01:39:00 GMT 2002

I've a need for Samba to work over NetBEUI. We have a file server here that
only speaks that way to bar out TCP-based hackers, and now I need to move
files between hat and the Linux box.  Changing it to use TCP is out of my
authority too. I've scoured the archives, and the most I could come up with
is a 1 year-old post saying that it was working, but with some patches, and
only for printing.

I am wondering if SAMBA can go over NetBEUI yet? I realize I'll probably
have to re-compile my kernel (easy enough), but what if anything has to be
done on the SAMBA side?

Thank you for your time.