The profiles command

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Fri Dec 6 16:55:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I just wanted to report that someone has used the profiles command to
migrate something like 50 sets of profiles from a Windows server to a Sun
box running Samba, and it all worked.

Now what I need to organize is to make profiles much better. It is
currently very limited to modifying SIDs in place.

It would be much better if it built an in-memory view of the registry hive
and then allowed you to add/delet/change SIDs and Security Descriptors, as
well as change other variables. Perhaps using .reg files :-) Perhaps also
being able to apply variables or what ever.

Regards
-----